20 May Roast Pumpkin Hummus
A delicious roast pumpkin and hummus recipe By Shelley Judge
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 1 tbsp for roasting
- 1tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel the pumpkin and then cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place on a lined baking tray with the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil over the pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a hot oven
- Roast in a hot oven (200c) for 20mins or until soft. Remove from oven
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile drain the chickpeas and place in a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil chickpeas for 15mins.
- Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- In the food processor, place chickpeas, garlic cloves, pumpkin, and blitz until smooth. Then add in remaining ingredients and blend until thick and creamy.
- Place into a dish and serve with crispy pita chips, or store in an airtight container and store for up to 5 days